i figure the blogs will have different purposes: livejournal will continue to be for rants, raves, & plugs for shows i'm currently in, and this will perhaps revert to what i initially intended with my livejournal: silly observations about the everyday, fun facts, my favorite discoveries from the internet, pop culture references, and the battle of the stuff.
ok, here goes.
for those of you obsessed with the greatest show of our time, you must read the weekly episode dish.
some highlights from this week, or as true as jack and chuck both knowing cures for the clap:
- Blair, who acts kind of like an ass in this episode, still has some good lines — including, but not limited to: "Tuna fish? Why does he make it so hard for himself?" "Spare me those expressive eyebrows, I can't wait until you get Botox," and "It's so hard finding obedient minions." Plus 4.
- Chuck had éclairs reserved for him. Plus 2, because sometimes it's the small, high-calorie things.
- Dan compares his and Serena's situation to Flannery O'Conner, Toni Morrison, and the Russian aristocrats "before they all became hemophiliacs." Serena says it's just like Clueless and Dan's just like, "Aw," and kisses her, because after all, she is like nine levels hotter than him. Plus 3.
as fake as the bright pink peonies blair threw at chuck's feet:
- Gossip Girl blogs: "While I'm always a fan of star-crossed lovers, at least Romeo and Juliet didn't share DNA." Minus 30 because DAN AND SERENA DON'T SHARE DNA! STOP MANUFACTURING THIS CONTROVERSY!
- Eric would have told Little J. to chop off that idiotic little side braid with the bow. Meanwhile, Chris really wishes he'd had a gay bestie to do that to his rattail in middle school. Minus 2.
and for those of you not so GG-inclined (what the hell is wrong with you?!), here's something to brighten your day...
background info to help you fully enjoy/experience this video: some dude was on LSD. his friends recorded him talking about... nothing. then, they animated it. enjoy!